PhD position (m/w/d), E13/65 %
We are looking for a scientist (PhD student, m/w/d) who shares our enthusiasm about human T cell engineering and to work on our new project entitled
human regulatory T cellstability and function”
Our team mission is to increase our understanding of human T cell function and stability and the underlying transcriptional networks for future cell therapies against autoimmune diseases and cancer. We developed several CRISPR tools for gene knockouts, gene knockins as well as pooled and arrayed CRISPR screens in primary human T cell subsets (Schumann et al., 2015 PNAS; Hultquist et. al., 2016 Cell Reports; Schumann et al., 2020 Nature Immunology). The focus of the project will be to systematically dissect transcription factor functions in human regulatory T (Treg) cells using state of the art CRISPR screening and cell engineering technologies (Shifrut et al., 2018 Cell).
- Master degree in Biology, Biochemistry or Biotechnology with outstanding result
- High motivation and commitment to scientific excellence
- Experience in immunology and cell biology is a plus.
- Team player skills and enthusiasm to work in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative environment.
- Excellent presentation, scientific writing and communication skills
- Analysis of Treg cell stability during inflammation
- Conducting large scale CRISPR screens in primary human Treg cells
- Developing functional cell validation assays based on tumor biopsies
- Conducting scRNA-seq and ATAC-seq analysis of human Treg cells
- Ambitious and innovation-oriented team committed to dissecting, engineering and understanding human T cell functions for future translational approaches
- Close collaborations with several laboratories at TUM and external partners
- Well-equipped laboratory in our institute close to Munich city center
- PhD position starting on June 1st 2022 or earlier (65% TV-L E13)
Are you excited to modulate T cell function? Great! We are looking forward to your email application (CV, letter of motivation and references in one document) until April 30th 2022. TUM seeks to increase the portion of female employees. Qualified females are, therefore, explicitly encouraged to apply. Severely disabled persons with essentially comparable qualifications will be preferentially hired.
Further questions? We are happy to receive your email or phone call!
Kontakt: Prof. Dr. Kathrin Schumann / +89 41409045/ firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.mikrobio.med.tu-muenchen.de/