Research/Student Assistant (f/m/d) (Wissenschaftliche Hilfskraft) in Machine learning, 20 hours/week
The group of Computational Biology within the Institute for Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Hygiene (MIH) at the TUM is looking for a Research/Student Assistant (f/m/d). The position (20 hours/week) is to be filled as soon as possible and is initially limited to 6 months.
You will employ and develop novel machine learning and statistical learning methods for the integration of multi-modal datasets for the prediction of clinically-relevant outcomes. Apart from that, you will be assisting in developing new methodologies for the analysis of scRNA-seq data in combination with deep learning.
We are looking for highly motivated applicants who:
- Hold a Master’s degree or are currently a Master’s student.
- Have a solid background in mathematics, computer science, computational biology or similar fields.
- Have experience with machine learning/statistical learning methods.
- Are willing to work on several different projects.
- Have excellent programming skills in R, Python or MATLAB
- Have a proficient written and spoken command of English.
We offer you
We offer you exciting computational biology projects within a dynamic and collaborative research environment. Access to rich and high-quality experimental data based on state-of-the-art technologies is ensured through our close collaborations with different laboratories within the Institute of Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Hygiene (MIH). In addition, you will have the chance to interact with several other computational groups based in Munich.
For more information and application (CV and cover letter) please contact Dr. Atefeh Kazeroonian (email@example.com).