We are looking for a Bioinformatician/ Data scientist (PostDoc, m/w/d) who shares our enthusiasm about Global Health
Our team is committed to basic and applied translational research in the fields of Global Health, neglected tropical diseases (NTD), and fetomaternal immunity within the conceptual framework of the developmental origins of health and disease (DOHaD). We approach these topics through the implementation of novel technologies and frequently process large cohorts of patient samples from our partner sites in Africa (https://www.cystinet-africa.net). Our current experimental approaches include RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, transcriptomics and proteomics. We are looking to strengthen our expertise in the analysis of these large omics data sets to better answer our research aims ranging from the discovery of hidden biomarkers and pathways in NTDs to the identification of novel pathways of fetomaternal alignment.
- PhD or equivalent in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Genomics, or a related field in the computational or natural sciences.
- Experience with high-throughput sequencing data analysis, particularly with RNA-seq and ATAC-seq.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in machine learning, pathway and network analysis are also advantageous.
- Strong programming skills in R and a solid background in statistics.
- Basic knowledge of molecular biology and related disciplines including epigenetics.
- Excellent team spirit, presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to conduct interdisciplinary research in an international collaborative environment.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- Analysing and interpreting large-scale data sets using statistical methods.
- Developing standardised and reproducible analysis pipelines tailored to large-scale omics sets, such as ATAC-seq, RNA-seq and transcriptomics.
- Consulting, advising and collaborating with experimental scientists and clinicians
- Ambitious and innovation oriented international team committed to Infection and Immunology research in Global Health
- Close collaboration with partners from Germany and sub-Saharan Africa in two large consortial projects
- Well-equipped facilities in our institute close to Munich city center
- Full time position as scientist / PostDoc (m/w/d)
- The position is currently secured for 12 months (salary according to TV-L), with the perspective of extension
Are you excited to secure your position in bioinformatics in Global Health?
Great! We are looking forward to your email application until 1st of September 2021
Visit us at: http://www.mikrobio.med.tu-muenchen.de/ and https://www.med.tum.de/de/center-global-health
Further questions? We are happy to receive your email or phone call!
TUM seeks to increase the portion of female employees. Qualified females are, therefore, explicitly encouraged to apply. Severely disabled persons with essentially comparable qualifications will be preferentially hired.