Technician - MTA / BTA / CTA/ BioTA (m/f/d) for flow cytometry (full time)
Enthusiasm | Precision | Independance | Reliability | Is that you? We offer you the environment for it!
The Institute of Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Hygiene of the Technical University of Munich is located within the Faculty of Medicine on the campus of the Klinikum rechts der Isar. A total of about 150 employees work together in a modern and efficient unit in different areas like research, teaching and diagnostics. In the greater metropolitan region of Munich, the flow cytometric Core Facility "CyTUM MIH" (http://www.fcfu.mikrobio.med.tum.de/CyTUM-MIH/home(link is external)) accomplishes and supports cell sorting and analysis with state-of-the-art equipment to a large user group both in basic and client oriented research.
To strengthen our team of the Core Facility "CyTUM" we have an urgent vacancy for a
Technical Assistant position (MTA/BTA/CTA/BioTA) to be filled as soon as possible.
- Planning and performing of daily cell sorting
- Monitoring and assessment of quality standards for cell analyzers and cell sorting equipment
- Performance survey of the flow cytometric instruments
- Give support and guidance to Core Facility users
- Minor maintenance work on cell sorting and analysis equipment
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs with the manufacturing companies
- Data evaluation and documentation
- Lab management
- Completed training as MTA / BTA/ BioTA / CTA or comparable qualification
- Experience in flow cytometry is desirable
- Willingness to handle human pathogens (BSL2 and ideally also BSL3)
- Experienced in handling cell culture systems and primary cells
- Precise and independent working style
- Proficient written and spoken command of English
- Ability to perform reliable work independently and in a team oriented manner with an open minded, committed and thoughtful personality
- An enthusiastic, interdisciplinary and international team
- A field of activity at the institute with insight and collaboration in immunology, basic research and individualized cell therapy as well as a broad range of users
- Work with state-of-the-art multicolor analysis equipment and "high-speed" cell sorting devices
- Full-time position for an initial period of 2 years with the possibility of a longer-term perspective
- Payment according to TV-L regulations depending on qualification and work experience
TUM seeks to increase the portion of female employees. Qualified females are, therefore, explicitly encouraged to apply. Severely disabled persons with essentially comparable qualifications will be preferentially hired. Unfortunately, costs incurred in the course of your application cannot be reimbursed.
Are you excited to join our Team?
We are looking forward receiving your complete application documents by 15.05.2022 via email to:
Prof. Dr. Dirk H. Busch,
Institute of Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Hygiene
Technical University Munich,
Trogerstrasse 30, 81675 Munich,